To create a product, navigate to the Products → All Products page, and clicks on the + Add Product button
Step 1: Set up basic product details
Example on how the basic product details being displayed in product description page
- The display name of your product, which your customers will see this name in your store.
- Product title is the only info that is required while adding a new product. An error will be triggered when you save a product without a product title
- Describe your product in detail here.
- Usually, you will explain what this product does and what added values or benefits it offers to the buyer
- Or you can include some relevant information about the product here, such as a size guide, warranty details, specifications, return policy and etc.
- You can utilize the rich text editor we provide to make the product’s description attractive to your store visitors
- Upload images related to your product here to show your customers how the product looks like
- Do note that the first image here will be the cover image of this product
- You can upload images in jpeg, jpg, png, webp or gif here, with a maximum file size of 5MB for each image
The price that you will charge customers for this product
Do note that the price here will be affected by the additional charges that you set in customization.
(optional) Price Before Discount
- The price of the product before the discount
- Make sure the price you entered here is always larger than the product’s Selling Price, or an error will be triggered when you save the product
- Enable this if you want to calculate tax on the selling price of this product
- Tax Setting will determine the tax rate applied to this product, and whether the product’s selling price here is tax-inclusive or tax-exclusive
Step 2: Set up shipping details
This is a physical product
- Check the checkbox if this is a physical product, or uncheck it if this is a virtual product
- If the customer’s cart contains at least 1 physical product, then the customer is required to fill in shipping details (receiver’s name, mobile number and address) and select delivery methods during checkout.
- The weight of this product in kg (1kg = 1000g / 2.205 lbs / 35.274 oz)
- The weight of the physical products will be taken into account in the shipping fee calculation during customer checkout
Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) is a unique identifier assigned to each product or variant combination for the purpose of inventory management and ease of tracking for product characteristics
Each company will have their own method to name a unique SKU for each
Product Unique code 1 Size Unique code 2 Color Unique code 3 SKU Polo PO Medium MD Yellow YW POMDYW Jean JN 28 28 Black BL JN28BL
The quantity of this product in stock
If the order placed by your customer contains this product, our system will automatically deduct the sold quantity from the product’s available stock
If the product is already out of stock (when available stock is less than or equal to 0) and the setting of Continue selling when out of stock is disabled, then the customer will not be able to add the product to cart
The Add to Cart button will become Out Of Stock and will be disabled once the product is out of stock
You can easily view and manage the inventory of all your products through the Products → Inventory page
Continue selling when out of stock
- Check the checkbox here if you want to allow your customer to purchase this product even if it is out of stock (when available stock is less than or equal to 0)
- You might want to allow your customer to purchase an out of stock product if:
- You allow the customer to pre-order this product.
- You have confidence that the stock will be available soon.
- You or your suppliers only manufacture the product on demand
- You aren’t tracking the inventory of this product in Hypershapes
Step 3: Set up variation (Optional)
Set up variation if the product you sell has different attributes, such as colour, size, material, storage and etc.
Each value of a variant option will pair with all the values in other variant options to form variant combinations
Variant option 1: Color
Value 1 Value 2 Red Gold
Variant option 2: Size
Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 S M L
The variant combination will be:
S M L Red Red / S Red / M Red / L Gold Gold / S Gold / M Gold / L
You can set up a custom image, SKU, selling price, original price, weight and available stock for each variant combination. You can also determine whether the variant combination is purchasable and whether it will continue selling when out of stock
- The values you fill in Step 1: Set up basic product details and Step 2: Set up shipping details will be the default value of the same setting in variant combinations
- when you set the Selling Price to be 8.99, then all the variant combinations under the same product will have a default value of 8.99 for the Selling Price
The product details on the product description page will be changed according to the variant combination selected by the customer
Step 4: Set up customization (Optional)
Set up customization if you allow your customer to customize certain elements of the product, such as a custom message on a cake, toppings on a pizza and custom patterns on a t-shirt
You can set an additional charge for each of the customisation options. When the customer selects the option, the additional charges will be automatically added to the product’s selling price
Learn more about product customization here
Step 5: Set up product status
- Sale Channels
- A list of the enabled sales channels will be listed here, with a checkbox beside each sales channel
- Check the checkbox will make this product available to that sales channel
- Your customer will not be able to visit the product description page of a product that is not available in that sales channel
- The new product will be available at all the enabled sales channels by default
- You can determine whether this product is in Active or Draft mode.
- If the product is in Draft status, your customer will neither be able to view its product description page nor purchase it
Last Step: Save the product
- Scroll to the end of the page, and clicks on the Save button
- Validation will be performed for all the settings. If the error notification appears, fix the errors and Save again.